Tuesday, April 1, 2008

PA and only 3 days to go!

The past week has flown by and I have not had time to post. Last week we received PA (pre-approval) from the USE ( US embassy in Guatemala). This is very exciting as it is another hurdle you have to jump over to proceed further with your adoption. We got our PA on day 39, and many times it takes at least 60 days, so we praise the Lord for this. We are still waiting on our social worker report (SWR), but the "interview" took place on 2/11, so she has had plenty of time to get it done. This and one more document, which should be ready this week, is all we are waiting on to be submitted to PGN (like our Attorney General's office in US). PGN takes anywhere from 8 weeks to many months depending on your case, how "perfect" your paperwork is, etc. This is the place where your adoption is finally approved. Anytime while your case is in PGN, they can kick your case out for a missing signature, typo, etc.... Then the documents have to be fixed and resubmitted and you lose precious time waiting. Please pray for favor from the Lord for us and our paperwork that everything will proceed smoothly and that we will not be issued and KO's (kick outs). After we get "out" of PGN, we will be able to bring the baby home about 6 weeks after that. Of course, we are very anxious to get in PGN, so we can get out and bring Arabella home with us for good! I can't believe in 3 days I will get to meet and spend a whole week with my daughter! I am so very excited that I am not sleeping well. I guess I need to get used to that. Please pray for our safe travel and that Arabella adjusts to us easily and can feel our great love for her in the short time we have to visit. Pray for us as it will be so hard to give her back to her foster family. The only thing I will be able to do to help me after that is to count down the days until my next trip to visit her. I am trying to stay positive and look on the bright side of things about our adoption, but it is hard. We are blessed that we can visit and spend this special time with her because in many countries you don't get to meet your baby until you go to pick them up. The time we get to spend with her before we bring her home will help her to bond to us. Look for lots of new pictures of Arabella when we get home to be posted here; don't be surprised if she is a different outfit in every one. You know she will be as adorable as ever. I'll share all about our trip when we get back; I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

3 more days! Wow! I can relate to the not sleeping well! I was exhausted last night but it took me over and hour to go to sleep and I kept waking up. And I have 8 days left until my visit!

I am cheering you on and praying for the swi report!
Blessings,
Lori

tammy said...

Hey Sis,
Just wanted to tell you that my whole family is praying for Bella. We can't wait to hear about every minute that you spend with Bella. Hope you can get some rest before your trip. I can't wait to hold her in my arms, but until then I know you will give her plenty of hugs from all of us here who can not make the trip. Love ya,
Tammy

Grandma said...

Tonya,
Oh how I long to go with you to meet my Granddaughter, our sweet Bella, but you know my thoughts and prayers go with you. What a beautiful Birthday present this will be, to have yor long awaited child in your arms, so love her for all of us until we can do it ourselves. I can't wait for our trip in June when I can spoil our sweet Bella. Have a great trip, Love Ya Mom

Beth said...

I am saying a prayer that you get in to PGN soon and are out rather quickly! Have a great time on your visit trip. I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Beth (Waiting4Zach)

Gail said...

PA in 39 days is wonderful!! Hope your time in PGN goes quickly too.
Have a great trip!
Gail