Tuesday, April 8, 2008

WORTH THE WAIT!

The title and Bella's shirt say it all in the top picture , "WORTH THE WAIT!" All the years of waiting have led to the fulfillment of my dreams of being a mom. I firmly believe that God is in control, and it was His will that we would be Bella's parents. We are late bloomers when it comes to parenthood, but it is so "WORTH THE WAIT!" We have had the best week spending time loving on Bella. She is a beautiful, healthy, happy baby. She has already brought us such joy in the past few days that it is overwhelming to absorb. She is perfect in every way, and she will definitely light up the life of everyone who knows her. She still prefers mommy, but she has had fun playing with daddy today and even let him feed her and take her for a walk outside while I was getting dressed and ready for breakfast. Bella is a good sleeper. She sleeps for about 8 hours a night. She went to sleep about an hour ago, so I better go for now so I will get enough sleep for all the energy I will need to keep up with her tomorrow. I am not looking forward to saying goodbye this weekend, but am praying continuously that we can bring her home very soon so we won't ever have to say goodbye again.
Thanks for all your prayers!

3 comments:

Beth said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy she is adjusting well. Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful!

Beth

lauren said...

I'm so glad to hear things are going well! You are in my prayers...and I'll be there tomorrow with my own 'worth the wait' onesie!

Darcy said...

I'm thinking of you guys today, and I said a prayer for you. The wait won't be much longer, and remember that she's worth the wait. I pray that you have a safe trip back home too.
Darcy