Sunday, May 4, 2008

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.......

Isn't this the sweetest face you have ever seen? It is to me. Thanks to Lauren who took this picture while we were visiting Arabella in Guatemala. As I do every day, I really miss my Bella girl today. However, in less than a month now I will be holding her again. I miss her all the time. I try to stay busy and most of the time handle it (missing her) ok. Other times, I ache to hold her so badly I feel like I might just die. This wait has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to endure. On Thursday afternoon, we were watching some video we took of Bella while we were with her in GU. Many times this gives me comfort to watch the special memories we made that week, but on Thursday it just made me so sad. We went to a Christian concert later that evening and the Lord spoke to me through the music and lyrics. The concert was fabulous by the way; it was a "Third Day" concert. The first song they sang had these lyrics: "There is a light at the end of the tunnel, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, for you, for you....." I felt the Lord whispering to me that everything would be ok, that He would help me through this hard time. My tunnel right now is this long adoption process. The end of it for me is having my precious Bella at home with us where she belongs. Yes, I know the song is talking about Jesus. He is waiting there for anybody who needs help out of their "tunnel." What tunnel are you in today? Jesus has always been faithful to me, and He will be faithful to you if you invite Him into your heart and life. He is the only reason I have made it through all the hard times in my life. Our case is in PGN as I have wrote about previously. Please pray diligently that our case gets approved and out quickly. After we get out of PGN, it usually takes about 6 weeks for the last steps until Arabella can come home. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Also please pray for these other ladies (and their families) who are waiting on their babies to come home from GU: Valerie (Maria's Mommy); Lori (Bethany's Mommy); Lauren (Isabelle's Mommy); Beth (Zachary's Mommy). I am looking forward to spending a month with Bella soon. That is what is keeping me going right now. Hopefully it won't be too long after that when we can bring her home to KY. I really want her to be home to celebrate her first birthday in August. All my friends and family just can't wait to meet her. Everybody is buying her cute clothes and swimsuits. Thanks Mom and Tammy! Grandma Charlene is getting really excited about our trip, too. We spent a long time this afternoon going through clothes, shoes, toys, etc. for Bella that we are taking with us to Antigua in June. My dad bought us a jogger stroller to take with us to maneuver through the bumpy cobblestone streets of Antigua this weekend. That is the last thing we needed for our trip. Now we're all set! Thanks Dad, I love you. I feel really blessed tonight. I have a family and friends who love me and are very good to me. I have a beautiful daughter who will be home sometime in the near future. In the meantime, she is with a wonderful family who adores her. I have a loving Heavenly Father who knows and wants what is best for me. Thank you to everyone who is reading this for the support and prayers. I can feel them. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Blessings, Tonya aka Arabella's Mommy

2 comments:

lauren said...

There IS light at the end of the tunnel, even with everything going on. We WILL bring our babies home, and I pray (and believe) that the chaos now really is going to make things better in the long run! Praying for you guys!

Dream Angel's Mommy said...

Yes, we will get them home. We will. I love the picture.
Valerie