Thursday, May 8, 2008

MY WORLD....TURNED UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has not been a good week for me. My world has literally been turned upside down. I shared with you that "PGN" was doing some restructuring in a recent post. Well, they fired the Attorney General and the guy under him under numerous allegations of illegal activities. We were all hoping this would be a good thing, but it is not turning out so good. The new people met last week and said that they would make sure that all the rest of the adoptions that started last year under the old laws who were "grandfathered" in would be completed and released in a timely manner. So much for that... they stated this week that they will put cases on "hold" for at least a month while they investigate each case and bring in all birthmothers for another interview, along with foster mothers and the babies. They are adding more requirements and changing the rules in the middle of the game. What they are doing is illegal, but there is no way to stop them. They started the interviews with the birthmothers today. The birthmothers have already been interviewed in family court by a social worker, so this extra interview is just ludicrous. All it is doing is wasting precious time. So there are over 2000 cases right now who need to be completed by PGN, and now they are saying they want to interview all the birthmothers again. This could take forever. My dreams of having my baby home by her first birthday are quickly dwindling away.
This is what I need each person to do who is reading this post. Pray like you have never prayed before for the orphans of Guatemala. Pray for the birthmothers to have courage and strength to endure another interview and have to deal with the pain all over again of having to give their babies up in the first place if these interviews must continue. Pray for all the families who love their children so much and just want to bring them home and give them a happy future. Pray for the Guatemalan goverment to somehow see that these new requirements are illegal and to stop them immediately. Pray for PGN to be humbled and for their hearts to be softened and for them to work very efficiently so that our babies can come home!
Pray specifically for Bella's birthmom and for her foster family (Karen and her family). Pray that Bella continues to be adored and loved by them. Also pray that she makes a connection again easily with me on my next visit and let her feel all the love we have for her. Pray for the Lord to have His angels surround her and to keep her safe.
Please keep praying until you hear that she is home safe and sound!
Dear Arabella,
I miss you so much. In 26 days I will be with you again, but it feels like a lifetime. Oh how I long to hold you and to kiss your sweet face. Thanks for the flowers you sent (with help from your grandma and your great-grandma)! I am so happy to be a mother for the first time this Mother's Day, but it is bittersweet because I can't have you here with me yet. I look forward to all the holidays we will get to spend together in the future and how much fun we will have together. When you read this one day, just know that we did everything we could to get you home with us as soon as we could. I love you very much my sweet girl, and I can't wait to spend a month with you this summer. While you are waiting to come home, I hope you have fun playing with Margie, Joshua, Karen, and Josue. They love you very much, too!
Hugs and kisses,
Mommy

2 comments:

Beth said...

Tonya I am praying for you and everyone else in PGN right now. I did hear yesterday that they are only asking birthmoms one question and that they will release cases as they finish each of the interviews instead of waiting until they are all done. I am praying that they are telling the truth. Today is the day of Prayer for all the children in Guatemala, the birthmoms, fostermoms and adopting families. With everyone prayer, I can almost feel a miracle coming!! Keep the faith. Beautiful Bella will be home soon!

Beth

Lori said...

The Lord will see us through! Hang in there! I pray next week we will all be breathing a little easier as they start letting those cases go. Trust the Lord for He is Good!

Blessings,
Lori