Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More Antigua pictures and updates

Hola everyone! I am trying to type fast while Arabella has her morning nap. We are doing very well. Let me explain a few of the pictures first. Well I had to put a few of my favorite shots of Arabella styling in her sunglasses, crawling everywhere, playing, and trying to type on the computer. She is a very busy girl!
Next are various pictures of the house we are staying at and outside our house. You'll see iron "gates" that lock that are for security purposes. We have a nice balcony and like to go out there in the mornings when it is sunny. There are two apartments beside ours that share the same driveway and gates. There is a picture of Arabella and Grandma Charlene on one of the cobblestone streets. One is of several markets where you can buy all kinds of crafts, ceramics, textiles. We went shopping that day and had a blast! We are waiting for our water to be delivered (it comes in big 5 gallon jugs) so that we can go out and look around some more today.
We found a pharmacy that delivered and we were able to get Bella's formula that way yesterday. She is eating everything we give her; she is not a picky eater! We are giving her baths in a tub up on the kitchen counter; she loves to splash and play in the water.
Bella is sleeping with me in a huge king size bed. We don't even take up half of it. I put pillows on the sides so she can't roll off. She usually doesn't roll in her sleep, though. She sleeps on her back and stays in pretty much the same position the whole time. Bella is an early riser, but she sleeps all night. She sleeps for about 8 - 9 hours. That is great for me, because I like to sleep. Yesterday morning she decided to wake up at 5:30 a.m. I usually feel her move or hear her and wake up. I didn't wake up fast enough for her, so she kept hitting me on the arm until she woke me up. Then she just smiled at me.
I will cherish this special time together forever!
Well, my Bella girl just woke up, I've gotta go.......
Adios amigos,
Tonya

2 comments:

lauren said...

Glad to hear you are settling in and things are continuing to go well! Also, I just had to say how special it is that your mom was able to go with you. My mom was with me on my first visit trip, and it was a time I'll always cherish!

Lori said...

WOW.....How absolutely wonderful! It looks like you all are enjoying yourselves. I am so excited and happy for you all. Thanks for the update it makes me smile from ear to ear.

Blessings,
Lori