Monday, January 19, 2009

My Dreams For You, Arabella

Dear Arabella, Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday and I was at home all day with you from school. When you grow up you will hear about his important speech which is entitled "I Have a Dream." It made me think of my dreams for your future. I look at you everyday and am amazed that I am lucky enough to be your momma. I loved you from the first minute I knew you existed. No, you didn't grow inside my womb, but my love for you has grown everyday in my heart and soul. God knew you and loved you even before you were born. Your birthparents were part of God's plan, too. They gave you life and gave you many special characteristics that make you unique and beautiful. I am forever grateful to them for that. God knew that we would be your forever family, and I am eternally thankful for that. I pray that as you grow up you will be happy and will always feel loved. I hope you have fun and make wonderful friends. I hope you fall in love with the Lord and will let him guide your future. I pray that you will fall in love with a man who will treat you like a princess and will serve the Lord with you. I pray that the Lord will bless you with children, so you can find the joy I have found in motherhood. I pray that you will find something you are passionate about doing and that you will give it your all. My dreams for you include all these things and so much more, Bella. One day when you read this, I hope you will realize how important you are to me and how I pray that all your dreams come true. Love you forever, Momma

2 comments:

lauren said...

Amen and amen!

Beth said...

That is beautiful! Isn't it amazing how when you become a parent you already start thinking about your child's future and start praying that they have a full, wonderful life and that they have a relationship with the Lord. The Lord has truly blessed us with our little ones!

Beth